The Reading & The Room
During this event, we collaborated with the Community of Writers at Squaw Valley. Readers were past attendees. A slide show of photos from CWSV sessions streamed on our big screen. (Photos by Robin Luce Martin.)
by Pete Marzulli
- Pretty Fly for a Write Guy in honor of Frederick Reiken and Day for Night. A magical flock of butterflies came with this #LiteraryCocktail.
- Watch Me Drink This in honor of Mark Wisniewski and Watch Me Go. This #LiteraryCocktail boasted a red wine flavor profile, without a drop of wine.
- Alby’s Choice or F.I.A.F.S.T. in honor of Matt Sumell and Making Nice. (You’ll have to contact us to find out what the initials stand for.)
- (Almost) Dangerous in honor of Julie Chibarro and Into the Dangerous World. Dorothy Parker may have eschewed this delicious #LiteraryMocktail, but that didn’t stop Julie from quoting her (if DP said this at all): I wish I could drink like a lady / I can take one or two at the most / Three and I’m under the table / Four and I’m under the host.
- Tumultuous American Dream in honor of Matthew Thomas and We Are Not Ourselves. Eileen Tumulty’s aspirations of wealth and domestic harmony may prove elusive, but she can depend upon the persistence of love.